As soon as possible
Complete our expanding team!
In close collaboration with the director of solutions and innovations, the functional analyst plays a key role in the life-cycle of software development projects. From establishing customer needs to implementing the solution, the product owner provides a bridge between business and development.
- Works in collaboration with project managers and business analysts and remains on top of development issues;
- Holds meetings with internal and external clients, collects and validates the information for the drafting of project specifications and for the analyses of processes in relation to the application software;
- Drafts the project specifications, processes and functional requirements in relation to development;
- Uses established methodology to supervise and validate the development of solutions that meet performance standards;
- Participates in black-box testing, runs tests and carries out validation controls;
- Ensures processes are stable, follow norms and meet quality standards;
- Presents development solutions internally and externally;
- Monitors invoicing and the management of development budgets.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and superior business process management abilities;
- Shows exceptional technical and writing skills in English and French;
- Is able to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines;
- Possesses exceptional customer service skills with a focus on support and problem solving;
- Can adapt to unforeseen changes;
- Is able to lead training sessions and explain complex processes to clients in layman’s terms;
- Possesses a high-level of initiative and excellent teamwork skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, information technology or software engineering or in another relevant field or a combination of training and experience relevant to the position;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in functional analysis and/or in programming and/or in business process management with skills in solving complex problems;
- Strong understanding of computer systems and infrastructure;
- Knowledge of IT operations management, SQL and SOA environments;
- Awareness of the realities faced by SMEs;
- Mastery of ERP processes;
- Mastery of MS Office and Visio;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French;
- Knowledge of GoF design patterns is also an asset.